Sunday, January 30, 2011

Accepted!

I have no idea how this happened... but Jason to Jessica has been accepted by eXtacy Books for publishing!

There's all the normal things that one has to do before it's released, contract, edits, etc. but I sit here in the Tora Bora at ISAF HQ and the same thoughts run around in my head, "someone is willing to publish this?" I guess everyone goes through a variation of this type of shock the first time an acceptance notice drops into their inbox.

Now, I'm about to get a bit personal here, so bear with me, for just a bit. 

I'm a computer guy, I know bits, bytes, CPU's, cables and IBM punch cards. I've been to test depth in a Navy submarine and have known, first hand, the terror of being caught in a fire fight without having anything to shoot back with. I am not someone who has a string of alphabet soup behind his name proclaiming journalistic credentials or even a basic college degree in my native English language.

I'm just me. A guy.

And someone wants to publish something I wrote out here in the Middle of Nowhere as a way of keeping my sanity?

Will wonders ever cease?

I hope to hell not! 'Cause I plan on doing this again!  and again!

My scribblings may never get the air play of SHOGUN, but that's not going to stop me from trying to write as good a book.

But if I can go a mile underwater and surface successfully, survive rocket attacks and firefights out here in the Middle of Nowhere, who says I can't at least equal the best book I've ever read?

After all, I'm just a guy.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your contract, John! I'm sure it's the first of many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats... I look forward to buying your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Starfox, you reached the goal of most online authors. I suspect that it will be like eating peanuts, you keep wanting more and more. May your writing career be long and successful with many more published books.

    Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the book contract. And thanks for e-mailing me and letting me know you liked my novel. Stay safe out there in the middle of nowhere.

    Monette Michaels

    ReplyDelete