Sunday, July 24, 2011

Amazon Author Page and other News

Well, I guess I’m moving up in the world <does anyone hear the theme song of a old television show playing in the background?>. I’m working on my Author’s Page on Amazon. It even has a picture of me <and they haven’t crashed, must be the robust engineering>.

Yes, it shows my ONE book, but hey, even Tom Clancy started off with ONE book. Clancy may have had Jack Ryan’s career all planned out <from the CIA to the Presidency, that’s ambitious, even for Washington> but he started off with ONE book and even then that ONE book had to go to a very unlikely publisher, the U.S. Naval Academy Press.

On to the News portion… I got my first rejection. My first foray into the world of real MFM romance got shot down. It’s a small, 16K word story. The editor sent me back a nice note telling me that it was slow getting started and that one of the male lead characters wasn’t very nice.

A reader from one of the author groups I copy via e-mail read the draft and commented that she wanted to gut Jake with a hoof knife. I don’t blame her. Late in the story Lisa, the female lead threatens to geld Jake with a dull, rusty spoon if he hurts one of the people Lisa has to put to sea with.

In the end Jake does redeem himself and the trio has a Happy For Now ending.

Not daunted by the rejection. That just means that I need to do more work on the story and find a publisher that wants that type of story.

My other bit of news is that Angel’s Wings has been accepted by Extasy Books. It’s the second story in the MORFS story-verse. It’s out for editing and we will see how it goes.

Not much more writer’s news from out here in the Middle of Nowhere. Take care all.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad about the rejection but we all gets those eventually.

    And congratulations on the acceptance. That's terrific.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm moving on up - to the east side
    Got a deluxe apartment in the sky y y
    Movin' on UP

    Finaly got a piece of the pie.....

    ReplyDelete