Saturday, August 27, 2016

It has been a long time since my last post here..



I did a check a few days back and saw that it has been a year since I’ve written anything here. Other things took over, leaving very little time for activities like writing.

Wounded Angel was my last released book. Sales have not been what I’d hoped but the lack of my doing any sort of promotion other than sending out canned promo emails might have had something to do with that. Lump that under “the consequences of other things taking over your life”.

The “other thing” that had taken over my life was that my wife was sick. Seriously sick. She physically collapsed July 4th of 2013. She was put into hospice a bit more than a year later in 2014, and passed away in January of this year. I’ve been dealing with the fallout since then.

I wrote, when I could, while Stephie was alive. Though most of it wasn’t very good. I think I have a dozen stories started, none completed. Some have blown tires and crashed like a NASCAR racer sliding sideways through the infield at a super speedway, boot-bonnet-boot-bonnet-boot-bonnet-roll-roll-roll-pirouette! and thudding down on the roof, a smoking, ruined mess.

Others, have one or two semi-developed characters, but the plot goes nowhere.

And way different character types, superheroes, meta-humans, cyber-human, even a space opera with humans and not so little green men (but they aren’t from Mars).

I am slowly getting back into a writing frame of mind.

On a more pleasant note, DragonCon is less than one week away. I’m going. I hope to have LiveStreaming figured out by then so you can join me for at least the DragonCon parade on Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your wife's illness and her passing. Sometimes we do need to put writing on the back burner so that other things can be taken care of... but it always helps when we do get back to writing. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepest condolences Starfox. Life does get iin the way - grieve and when the urge to write nudges you - let it flow. A lot of pain and anger may come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky woman Stephie was to have you in her life. To have a man love her the way you did. I've enjoyed your past books and look forward to the time when grief lessens and her sweet memory becomes the motivation for a character in one of your future books. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're getting back into writing. I hope you have a great time at DragonCon. I've heard they are great fun. I hope you enjoy yourself! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's passing. You've always said such wonderful things about her, so I know how much you loved her.
    Enjoy DragonCon. I hope something there will help trigger an idea for a new story. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete